Roland I. Young, DDS
A health care practitioner with over 30 years of experience, Dr Young graduated from Georgetown University School of Dentistry in 1980, after majoring in Clinical Lab Technology at Sacramento State University. He grew up in Sacramento and attended Encina High School.
While at Georgetown Dental School, Dr Young earned the following awards and honors:
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Morris M Horrowitz Scholastic Achievement Award (Given to the most outstanding senior dental student)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Dental Honor Society
- Dentsply International Award for distinction in complete denture prosthetics.
After graduation from Dental School, Dr Young then completed a General Practice Dental Residency at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. This included advanced training in all phases of General and Hospital Dentistry beyond what is commonly taught in dental schools.
Dr Young then went on to specialize and recieved his specialty certification in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from University Medical Center in Fresno, California in 1984. While there he scored consistantly in the top 10% on all inservice exams (Administered by AAOMS-Educational Foundation to all residents in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery programs in the US and Canada).
Dr Young has an on going commitment to continuing education and has participated in study clubs and in dozens of courses to include all aspects of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery with emphasis on Dental Implants. He is certified in both ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) & PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support). He maintains affiliations with both Doctors Medical Center and Memorial Hospital Association where he participates in the Emergency Room Facial Trauma Call. He is an active Northern California evaluator for General Anesthesia office inspections for the California Board of Dental Examiners. He also served the Dental Board for 7 years, 3 of which he was a committee chairman.
- Call Walls Dental Implant and Oral Surgical Arts Phone Number 209 522-9963 to schedule a consultation at our practice.
- Patient Registration
- Get Driving Directions
- Stanislaus Dental Society
- California Dental Society
- American Dental Society
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The American College of Oral Implantology
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Implant Prosthodonic Section of the ICOI
Dr Young and his lovely wife, Benita, were both raised in the central valley, where they also raised their children. They have resided in Modesto since 1994.